As you try to prioritize your beauty, looking after your delicate skin, and perhaps searching for the right skin treatment that will make you feel like a real woman, it’s probably the right time to check out this trending technique- “Laser Hair Removal Treatment”
Recently, a laser hair removal device for all skin types was developed by DEKA and simply utilizes a proprietary handpiece with a cooled sapphire cylinder tip, which reduces energy loss to the skin, making the treatment procedure more effective.
What is Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
A laser hair removal procedure is simply a skin treatment where a dermatologist uses a laser device to remove unwanted body hair from your skin. The laser device emits light of a specified wavelength, a process known as optical amplification that takes its root from the stimulated emission of electromagnetic radiation.
The emitted light will penetrate the skin, destroying the hair follicles without damaging the surrounding tissue or skin. There are various laser types on the market with the first laser developed in 1960 by Theodore H. Maiman.
Latest lasers are cutting-edge devices with extreme efficacy widely used in cosmetics and medical fields. In the cosmetic and plastic field, lasers are commonly applicable during;
- Varicose veins treatment
- Removing unwanted body hair
- Skin Resurfacing
- Anti-aging treatment
- Laser Liposuction
- Tattooing & Removal
- Improving the skin texture
- Eliminating skin Irregularities among others
Laser Hair Removal in India
Laser hair removal procedures are currently the 2nd most sought cosmetic treatments nationwide. The procedure is applicable to all genders, cutting through all age groups. Dr. Mohan Singh, the best dermatologist in India reports a dramatic increase in the number of laser hair removal pursuers since 2013 at his advanced skin and hair centre. The dermatologist stresses that expertise and a proper treatment approach delivers excellent results to patients, whereas in case poorly utilized, the laser light can produce disheartening results.
How Do Skin Lasers Work?
Skin lasers differ in types and the amount of light emitted on a patient’s skin. Laser hair removal devices or skin lasers are specialized devices approved to be used in the cosmetology by professionals.
Generally, different lasers are labeled with a safety class that indicates the power of the laser light. Each laser comes with a specified wavelength, with some extremely dangerous to the eye. Therefore, extra caution is required while using lasers in dermatology centres.
How Does the Laser Hair Removal Treatment Work?
Generally, the treatment eliminates unwanted body hair in two or more treatment sessions. Getting lasered ideally requires a skin evaluation from a dermatologist and patients with certain medical conditions like cancer should consider having a discussion with their doctors before being lasered.
The laser naturally feels like an icy-hot element on the skin, and before it is used, a cooling agent or gel is applied on the skin to eliminate any effect on the skin depending on your skin type.
The doctor will then activate the laser, which causes the laser beam to penetrate your skin to the hair follicles. The intense heat automatically damages the hair follicles, which inhibits hair growth for a longer period of time.
A number of treatment sessions are scheduled depending on the amount of hair on the skin.
Areas Treated with lasers
Almost your whole body can undergo a laser hair removal treatment. Areas treated in females include;
- Facial regions
- Pubic Region
- Chest Back
- Shoulders among others
Areas treated in males include
- The back
- Facial regions
- Arms among others
Facts About Laser hair removal treatments
- They are currently considered perfect replacements for the billion razors annually disposed off and end up water bodies
- Laser hair removal treatments aren’t a permanent solution for body hair
- There are different types of lasers and definitely differ from light-based skin treatments
- Can cause mild, moderate and severe skin damage
- Tanning is possible
- Laser hair removal procedures best for patients with a light skin and dark hair
- Laser hair removal procedures are costly, especially in the case of a full body hair removal approach. Consider budgeting for the treatment prior to the first treatment session since you will automatically require multiple treatment session
Types of Lasers used in Dermatologist centres
- Nd: YAG with a wavelength of 1064 nm
- Pulsed Diode Array with a wavelength of 810 nm
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) with a wavelength of 650 nm
- Alexandrite Laser with a wavelength of 755 nm
Advantages of Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal treatments are considered one of the major breakthroughs in cosmetology. With high efficacy, speed, and accuracy, the treatment is widely sought with the major aim of living hair-free. These are the benefits of laser hair removal procedures;
- Longer results
When compared to razors, waxing, and other hair removal techniques, laser hair removal treatments offer 20 times better results. In case conducted as per the dictated appointments, one may spend more than a year before getting another treatment session.
- Skin Smoothening
Laser treatments are widely recommended for improving the skin texture and you will automatically get a 2 in one procedure for excellent results.
- Fashion & Trend
You won’t have any problem in rocking your favorite outfits, especially bikinis, dresses, short pants among others.
Laser Hair Removal Side Effects
Possible side effects associated with laser hair removal include;
- Eye Injuries
- Skin Burns
Pre-Laser Hair Removal Approach
Consider the following tips before attaining a laser hair removal treatment in India in order to reduce its effect on your skin and would-be complications.
- Limit sun exposure in order to reduce skin sensitivity
- Don’t pluck out your body hairs
- Shave after a skin evaluation or when advised
- Avoid tanning
- Laser removal procedures aren’t
- Take the recommended medications as prescribed e.g. antibiotics
- Limit sun exposure
- Wear a hat in case moving out
- Take the prescribed medications as recommended
- See the doctor in case of any unexpected skin condition