While quite popular, weight gainer and mass gainer supplements serve entirely different purposes and it is essential to know how and when to use each.
You are bound to have several questions in mind while working to build a desirable physique. It is absolutely critical that you follow the steps suggested by a certified trainer to a T, right from the best workout routine to consuming the right nutritional supplements.
The world of supplements is often a complex and overwhelming one. Incorrect doses could lead to catastrophic results. It is always recommended that you seek professional advice before adding supplements to your diet plan. Take the example of weight and mass gainers, for instance.
While they might seem similar, they are taken for completely different reasons. It is important that you know the difference before you buy weight gainer or mass gainer supplements.
What are weight gainers and mass gainers?
Much like whey protein and other mineral and vitamin supplements, weight gainer and mass gainer supplements are taken to improve workout ability. They are available readily and different weight gainer and mass gainer prices vary. However, before you buy weight gainer and other such supplements, be sure of the exact results you wish to achieve and the right product that will help you do so.
By a literal definition, weight gainer supplements help you to gain weight. Mass gainersupplements, on the other hand, are used to enhance the growth of muscles in addition to increasing your weight.
Weight gainer supplements include several types of muscle and mass gainers. These supplements contain varying combinations of vitamins, proteins, amino acids, carbohydrates etc. and are of varied quality. Hence, the mass gainer price or the cost of weight gainers differs.
Weight gainer supplements are rather popular with those who want to increase body weight, as well as among fitness enthusiasts; they are of immense help for underweight people or those who struggle to retain muscle mass. Mass gainer supplements find favour usually among bodybuilders.
Some of the key differences between both that you should note before you buy weight gainer or mass gainer supplements are listed as under:
- Calorie content: Weight gainer supplements are calorie-rich simply because more calories will help weight gain.
- Protein content: Mass gainers contain more protein than weight gainer supplements.
- Fibre content: Weight gainers are low in fibre-content as fibre leads to better digestion. On the other hand, it is high in mass gainers as fibre allows better fat and carb digestion focussing only on muscle gain.
- Usage: Those who buy weight gainer supplements are usually the ones who are skinny or underweight, and find it difficult to gain weight. One will often find bodybuilders and gym rats discussing and comparing mass gainer prices to get the best deal.
- Exercise routine: Users of weight gainer supplements can get by with some moderate level exercises. Mass gainer supplement users enhance their workout abilities with the intake and hence, have a much more rigorous regime.